CAWDA Rider Medal Program
CAWDA is proud to offer a new program
in which riders can earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medals
to recognize their riding achievements based on scores received at CAWDA High Point competitions.
What scores do you need for an award?
To earn a Bronze Medal: you need two (2) percentage scores of 65% or above at Basic Level & two (2) percentage scores of 65% or above at Level 1
To earn a Silver Medal: you need two (2) percentage scores of 65% or above at Level 2 & two (2) percentage scores of 65% or above at Level 3.
To earn a Gold Medal: you need two (2) percentage scores of 65% or above at Level 4
How do you qualify?
- You must be a member in good standing with CAWDA and WDAA at the time of your application for a medal
- At each level, you must earn scores from two different judges at two CAWDA recognized shows
- You may earn scores over time, in any order, and on multiple horses.
- You may submit current tests or scores from past CAWDA High Point years (2014-2019) provided you were a CAWDA member at the time the score was earned and can provide your test face sheet with complete information (see below).
How do you apply?
All of the tests for each medal must be submitted at the same time, any time during the year:
- Complete the Rider Medal application on the CAWDA website with the following information: Rider’s name, Level, Percentage Score, Name and date of show, and Judge’s name
- Upload a copy of the face sheets of the four tests with the qualifying scores and levels
- Pay the processing fee of $15 per medal
Medals are awarded each year at CAWDA Awards Ceremonies. The 2020 deadline for submission is December 1 to receive the award at the 2020 Awards & Recognitions Ceremony.
NOTE: CAWDA does not automatically record scores for this program from High Point scores submissions; you must send copies of scores separately for qualifying High Point and Rider Medal programs.